Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Chocolate Sponge Cake

Pin It Now!


Another cupcake recipe to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes! (November 2011) hosted by Min of Min's Blog.



Ingredients :
(A)
2 egg whites
30g sugar
 
(B)
2 yolks
15g vegetable oil
 
(C)
35g cake flour
10g cocoa powder
*sift and set aside
 
Method :
1. With electric mixer beat the whites till foamy. Gradually add in the sugar and continue beat till soft peak.

2. In another bowl whisk yolk and oil till well combine. For easy mixing scoop some of the whites from step 1 into yolk mixture and stir to mix. Pour all back into whites in step 1.

3. Fold in sifted flour in 2 batches and gently stir to combine.

4. Scoop into lined muffin cups or paper cups till 80% full.

5. Bake in preheated oven 180C for 12 minutes.
* Adjust according to your oven temperature

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised that these cakes has only 15g of oil added and yet they are so nice and fluffy. Got to bookmark this recipe for my family :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is full of info and new recipe to me,...I have waiting list to try some of your cake recipe,like this.. I know one more site baking

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...