Originally this tart is using apples as topping. Since I have some ripe banana I decided to use them. Banana and cinnamon can’t go wrong right?
Adapted and slightly modified from Wendy, Apple yeasted sugar tart
245gm all purpose flour
1 tbsp sugar
Small pinch of salt
1 tsp yeast
120g warm milk
5-6 banana (slice each into half. I used pisang emas)
50g dark brown sugar
100ml whipping cream
I’m using electric mixer for the kneading process. Do refer to Wendy blog if you knead by hand.
1. Combine flour, sugar, salt and instant yeast together in a kneading bowl. Pour in mixture of milk and egg. Knead to form dough. Add in butter and knead till all well combine (it should be very soft but not sticky).
2. Cover and let it proof for 30 minutes. Meanwhile prepare a loose bottomed 9 inch tart pan. Generously butter the pan.
3. Punch down the dough and knead 1-2 minutes. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes before flattening it into the pan.
4. Let dough in pan proof for another 30 minutes. Arrange the banana slices in and press gently. Sprinkle brown sugar on top.
5. Bake the tart in 180C preheated oven for 10 minutes. Meanwhile beat the whipping cream to soft peaks.
6. Remove tart from oven and spoon the cream over the bananas. Return tart back to oven for 20 minutes or until the dough (side) separate from the pan.
7. Remove the tart from mould and let it cool on rack. Slice only when tart turned warm to touch, if not the cream filling will be runny.