Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine Buns/ Sponge Dough Method (Overnight)

Pin It Now!

Using sponge dough in bread making is not unusual. Normally we used bread flour as well in sponge dough. What I want to highlight is what if using all-purpose flour instead of bread flour? Well I did posted the similar recipes in Black Sesame Loaf Bread. It works very well too. It still can produce soft and fluffy bread. When you are run out of bread flour why not use all-purpose flour in sponge dough? (save $ as well) :D


I prefer sweet bun therefore I choose jam instead of tuna (as shown in Carol blog). I have experience of baking buns with jam. Due to the oven heat the jam become runny and out from its original place. In order to get pretty buns I baked the buns first then fill the jam. Why strawberries (red)? Because I like to send this post to February month theme :


organized by


 


Reference from 阿芳老师的三杯面粉 and Carol (shaping)
Ingredient : yield about 70g x 9 pcs
~Sponge Dough
1 cup (about 120g) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp yeast
60-70g water
 

~Bread Dough
(A)
Above sponge dough
*Tear into pieces
150g mixture of an egg and water
(keep some egg for egg wash)
50g sugar
1/8 tsp salt
2 cups bread flour
1/2 tsp yeast

(B)
20g butter
 
~filling
Strawberries jam

Methods:
~Sponge Dough
Mix all till form dough. Keep inside greased plastic bag (no proving needed). Make a tight knob without leaving any space for the dough. Store in fridge at least 4 hours. It can be kept up to 7 days. Thaw it for 10-15 minutes at room temperature before use.
Before(left) and after (right) more than 4hours in the fridge

~Bread Dough
1. Put all ingredients (A) in sequence into kneading bowl. Beat till form dough. Add in the butter and continue knead till smooth and elastic.

2. Cover and keep to rest for 1 hour 15 minutes or double its size.

3. Divide into 70g each. Shape into balls and leave to rest for 15 minutes.

4. Roll out each ball into rectangle and fold into oval shape. Seal tight and slightly roll into log (about 15cm length). Make a cut in the center with one end still attach (Look like a V). Place the cut side towards center to shape into heart. Please refer here for the steps.

5. Place the “hearts” on baking pan and leave to rest for 45 minutes or double its size.

6. Apply egg wash and bake in preheated oven 180C for about 15 minutes.

7. Remove and leave to cool on wire rack. Fill in the jam of your choice. Serve!




8 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwe.... I want.
    I want your hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wee...so nice...I like this...I suggest name it 'Be My Valentine buns' hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to assert that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.
    Benro A0570F Tripod and Tenba 15-inch Black Messenger Bag Bundle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, like your clicks..... so romantic and your buns look so soft and fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vivian, I wish I can taste those buns. Can I be your Valentine too? hehe.. BTW, can you please email me your address again because something happened to my computer and I lost some folders and the one that has all my Blogger's friends' address included. Once I get your address I will send you the CD. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your valentine buns look perfectly well done! Congrats. I'm still scratching my head to make something sweet for the coming celebration. haha....
    Happy weekend, dear.
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice posts on your blog!! Really an interesting one and worth for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, amazing.
    I love it. It is so adorable!
    Thank you for sharing this. I am a beginner to the kitchen. I started by making peas
    I made it for my grand mother.
    Great piece of work.
    It´s nice,

    Free local classifieds website - post free classified ads...





    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...