Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mocha Scone with Cinnamon Sugar

Pin It Now!

Scone is very easy to prepare. It is great snack for anytime. Baking scone in tart mould is my first try. It is very easy instead of shaping individually. The batter is more on wet side therefore I have no problem of handling sticky dough. It is pretty like making quick bread, just mix the dry with wet ingredients.
 

crusty outside !
This scone appearance might not look good but is tasty! For those coffee and scone lover do try. You will love it!


Soft and moist inside !

This is what you need.
Ingredients:
(A)
2 cups cake flour(chilled)
1 tbsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
60g sugar

(B)
70g chilled, unsalted butter
½ cup chocolate chips
 
(C)
⅔ cups milk
1 egg
½ tsp coffee powder
* dissolve with 1 tsp hot water
 
~Topping
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon powder
*Mix and set aside
 
Methods:
1. In a mixing bowl sieve in flour, baking powder and salt. Add in sugar and mix well.
 
2. Cut butter into small pieces and sprinkle over the flour mixture. Use a pastry cutter to cut the butter in (I used hand) evenly until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add in chocolate chips and set aside.
 
3. Whisk together milk, egg and coffee mixture in a small bowl. Add this into the flour mixture and fold in just until moist.
 
4. Use a floured bench scraper to scrape dough out onto the greased 9-inch tart pan. Lightly pat dough into circle.
* make sure you grease the tart pan well
 
5. Sprinkle top with cinnamon sugar mixture.
 



6. Bake in preheated oven 200C for 25-28 minutes or until the side separate from the pan.

7. Cool 2 minutes on the baking sheet. Then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool before slicing into wedges. Store leftovers in an airtight container. Warm it up before serving.



I'm submitting this scone for this time Bake-Along event organized by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, Lena from Frozen wings and Joyce from Kitchen Flavours .


13 comments:

  1. Your scones look so lovely and moist inside! I would love to have a bite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vivian, your scones look good. Moist and tempting;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mocha is one of my favourite flavour! Looks delicious and sounds wonderful! I would love to have a piece for my tea-time snack!
    Thank you for baking along with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm admiring the sugary topping of your scones. Indeed your scones look very moist and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love the flavour combo going on here. The topping looks delish. And I like your way of using a tart tin for these. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, your scone really looks soft and moist. First time hearing mocha scone with cinnamon sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the cinnamon topping sounds delicious on your mocha scones and nice idea of baking them in a tart pan, they look very uniform and glad to learn another way of shaping a scones! Thanks vivian for joining our bake along and have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You bake your scone whole before cutting, first time I see it done this way, looks so moist!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a tempting touch of scones. I love having scone for my tea snack. These sound just terrific.
    Enjoy your evening, dear.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, a very unique taste for scones, i love coffee! can i have a slice pls?
    (even though I'm not sure whether its enough or not LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, this is my kind of scones; I'm a coffee addict that can't drink black coffee but only can eat them. So everything with coffee will do for me. These scones looks wonderful & so very moist too, that you even can sliced it after baking! AWESOME! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...