Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Chocolate Panna Cotta (奶酪)

Pin It Now!
After the 1st attempt of plain panna cotta I still have dairy whipping cream for another batch of this cold dessert. I increase the milk a bit as I prefer softer texture. This time I added chocolate. My kids enjoy this very much. As for me I still prefer the plain version :) 


 Top with some biscuit crumbs and chocolate rice and colourful sprinkles. My kids love it !


Panna cotta in glasses for two of us. I like mine with some bitter coffee. Just perfect companion with sweet chocolate :D

Adapted and slightly modified from Carol
Ingredients:
250g milk
40g sugar
 
30g chocolate (cut into small size)
10g cocoa powder
* Put together in a bowl
 
200g dairy whipping cream
 
5g gelatin powder
30g water
*if you prefer firmer texture do increase to 8g
 
Methods:
1. Add gelatin with water inside heat proof bowl. Leave aside for about 5 minutes (till all the liquid being absorbed).


2. Place the bowl of gelatin mixture in a pot of boiling water. Stir till all gelatin powder dissolve. Set aside.
 



3. Add sugar into milk. Heat the milk till sugar dissolve.
 


4. Scoop about 1/4 of the hot milk into the bowl of chocolate and cocoa powder. Stir till chocolate melt and no sign of visible lumps.
 



5. Pour the chocolate milk mixture back into remaining heated milk. Add in gelatin mixture and mix well. Add in whipping cream. Again whisk till all well combine.
 



6. Sieve the mixture into a jar. Gently pour into prepared glasses (or any container of your choice). Leave to cool and keep in fridge to chill at least 12 hours before serve.
*Do not skip the sieve process as it really make the difference of getting smooth texture.


I am submitting this post to

~ Aspiring Bakers #24 (October 2012) : Jellies & Puddings hosted by Charmaine of MiMi Bakery House

~ Cast Party Wednesday: Link Party #65 hosted by Lady Behind the Curtain 


7 comments:

  1. Oh yum, would be lovely if I could have some tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Viv,
    Looks so delicious!
    I like the one in the tall glass, looks so elegant..:D
    mui..^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive also seen a few choc panna cotta recently, hope when i attempt it one day, it will come out as smooth as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer to make our choco panna cotta with evaporated milk for its lesser calories and fat option. With half milk and half cream, this recipe seems good :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...