Friday, January 18, 2013

Cold Oven Cream Cheese Pound Cake

Pin It Now!
Pin It
This pound cake has great ranking among blogger friends. Without much hesitating I decide to bake mine. The steps are simple just ordinary cake creaming method. The only different is baking without preheat the oven (as recipe). Some said the cake still turn out great although baking in preheated oven :D 

The cake looks quite pale after done. Texture is great as a pound cake, creamy with soft and fine texture. I might bake this as one of my Chinese New Year giveaway for friends ^^


Recipe from Cake Keeper by Lauren Chattman
Reference from Lena, Frozen Wings
I used half of the recipe and bake in small bundt pans and cupcakes

Ingredients:
(A)
113g butter, slightly softened
113g cream cheese, room temperature
90g sugar

3 eggs
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1/2 tablespoon lemon zest


(B)
187g cake flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
*sift and set aside

Methods:
1. Position the oven rack to the lower middle position, grease and line the pan and flour the sides of the pan. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl.

2. Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer on medium high speed until fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary.


3. With the mixer on medium speed, add the eggs, one at a time. Mix well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla, ginger and lemon zest.


4. Turn the mixer to low speed and add the flour mixture in batches, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. After the last addition, mix of 30 seconds on medium speed.
* I mix by folding with spatula


5. Place the cake in the cold oven. Turn the oven to 160C and bake until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. My mini bundt pans and cupcakes take about 25 minutes.


6. Cool the cake in pan for 15 minutes, then invert onto rack to cool completely.

Thanks to Sabrina of kingdom of tasty life for her lovely mini bundt pans!

I am submitting this to :


14 comments:

  1. Hi Vivian,
    Your mini bundt version looks so cute and pretty! My mini bundt pans has not been used at all! Will have to start using the pans!
    This would be a very nice cake for giveaway to friends. Glad to have you baking along with us!
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Vivian, this is one pretty looking cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. as you can see, mine also came out quite pale, like pucat cake! nevertheless, great on texture and taste. Nice to know that you like the cake and glad to see you baking again with us. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since this cake has so many good reviews, i must try this after CNY..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Viv,
    i have baked this cake. Mine come out pale not browned too.
    My kids finished it all before i manage to take picture..:p
    Today i am baking the second one.

    Your cake look so lovely baking in that small bundt moulds.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vivian, lovely cake. Must find time to try it but not CNY. My MIL and SIL prefer to buy cakes from Secret Recipe for CNY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a BRILLIANT recipe and it looks so light and fluffy too! Thanks for entering this into Tea Time Treats! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vivian, I love the one baked in cute mini bundt pan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Viv,

    I realised that Lena and your cakes are quite pale in their crust and I'm guessing if the speed of the oven warming up to the ideal temperature might affect the browning of the cakes with this baking technique. Next time, I shall time my oven to see how fast it warm up to 160 deg...

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hai Vivian..cake look so yummy! i must try this. Tq sharing this recipes.

    CT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can almost smell the cheese fragrance from here, perfect for tea time Vivian. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mini cake looks very cute and beautiful Vivian! Makes me feel like eating it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your mini bundt pans... makes a very pretty cake indeed. I wonder why yours seem more paler than some others I come across? But I guess pale or brown doesn't matter as its delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I am going to make this again, I will def bake it your way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...