Thursday, January 31, 2013

Melted Butter Cookies-CNY Cookies#5

Pin It Now!

Pin It
Butter cookies are my last cookies of the year, which happen to be popular in food blog sphere. These butter cookies have the texture of melt-in-mouth. You hardly stop eating after the first bite. I choose to shape it with Nastar mould as I found it is easy to handle compare piping. 

High protein flour is being used in this recipe. With the present of high protein flour the cookies pattern will not change much even after bake. However it can be replaced with all-purpose flour. 

Melted Butter Cookies 
Adapted from
Bernice's kitchen
Yield about 25 pieces
 
Ingredients:
(A)
100g butter, softened at room temperature
25g icing sugar

(B)
75g high protein flour
25g rice flour(
粘米粉)

Methods:
1. Beat the butter and icing sugar until fluffy and pale.
 
2. Add in sifted flour mixture. Fold till well combine.
3. Put dough into a Nastar mould and press out into strips about 3-4cm long.
4. Bake in preheated oven at 170c for about 15 minutes or till golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and let them sit for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack until completely cool down.
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia of Nasi Lemak Lover

All my cookies are being packed and ready to be given to friends as gift. This year I choose to give variety of my bakes instead of jars of cookies. 

Along with cookies there are butter cake, cheese yeasted scones together with homemade roselle jam. Hoping my friends will like it ^^


8 comments:

  1. wow, so generous of you to make such gift packs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vivian! Will I be receiving these goodies from you? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I am your friend. :)
    Thanks for sharing.Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friend is so lucky! Such lovely cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend is so lucky! I would love to have some of your cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Viv,
    Wow!! you are so generous prepared such lovely gifts.
    I would love to receive your cookies too..:p

    mui

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi, can you sell me a box?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    Can I know what I can use for replace rice flour?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...