Peanut cookies are my old-time favourite cookies. Every year I will bake some to satisfy my craving. This year I found this gluten free version which use rice flour instead. It tastes kind of melt-in-the-mouth texture compare with the usual one.
Reference from Roti and Rice
Yield about 70 pieces
335g toasted peanut
* I used shelled peanut and pan fry till slightly dark brown (make sure not too dark as it will taste bitter)
180g rice flour
90g icing sugar (sift)
½ teaspoon salt
90ml peanut oil
1 egg yolk (for glazing)
1. Grind the toasted peanut with some of the rice flour in batches. This will help and ease to achieve superfine ground peanut.
2. Mix (A) till well combined. Add in (B) slowly, mix till form dough.
3. Roll the dough into a small ball and place on a lined baking tray.
4. Brush the surface with egg yolk. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 13-15 minutes. Transfer to wire rack for cooling. Keep in airtight container after cool down completely.
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia of Nasi Lemak Lover