Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Pineapple Salad with Crispy Herbed Chicken Fillet

Pin It Now!
Pin It
I like to support my friends Doreen from My Little Favourite DIY and Zoe from Baking for Happy Kids for their event, Little Thumbs Up! Each month one ingredient is nominated and that will be the ingredient to be used in the recipes for blog posting. For February month, pineapple is the star ingredient which I think is chosen at the right time! In Hokkien dialect 'Ong Lai' sounds like 'good fortune come' and I'm pretty sure most of us have pineapple around for coming Chinese New Year. Since I'm going to 'Balik kampung' I make something quick with pineapple. I prepare this simple pineapple salad to go with crispy chicken fillet. I added easy available fruits, mandarin orange too. For more texture I used smoked shrimps. If can’t find, feel free to substitute ingredients that you like.

I like to have salad with fried food. Therefore I’m sharing herbed chicken fillet as well. I use both cornflour and rice flour together with oregano as flavouring. You can replace with bread crumbs and any herb you prefer.

Ingredients:
~Salad
(A)dressing
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon light soya
* mix together till sugar melt. Set aside

(B) fruits and vegetables
200g pineapple, cut into cubes
2 shallots, slice thinly
2 mini mandarin orange, peel and break into sections
1 big chili, slices thinly
1 chili padi, slices thinly (more if prefer more heat)
1 stalk spring onion, cut
1 bunch of corriander leaves, cut

~Chicken Fillet
300g chicken fillet, cut breast meat diagonally into fillets, about ½ cm thick

(A) marinate
1 egg white
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper

(B) coating
¼ cup cornflour
¼ cup rice flour
1 tablespoon dried oregano
*mix together and set aside

Handful of smoked shrimps
Oil for pan-frying

Methods:
1. For pineapple salad, mix the dressing with all the fruits and vegetables. Keep in fridge while preparing chicken fillet.

2. Marinate fillets and set aside for 5-10 minutes. Coat fillets well with flour mixture till finish.

3. Add oil into hot wok. Lower heat to medium-low, arrange fillets inside wok. Pan-fry till golden brown. Dish out and place on kitchen towel to drain excess oil.

4. Serve with sweet, sour and spicy refreshing pineapple salad. Enjoy! 


I'm submitting this post for this month :
~Made with Love Mondays hosted by Javelin Warrior's Cookin w/ Luv

~ Recipe Box#32 hosted by Bizzy Bakes

~See Ya In The Gumbo hosted by Ms. enPlace


Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from My Little Favourite DIY and Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Bake for Happy Kids 

8 comments:

  1. Pineapple is such a wonderful ingredient and I love the use of it here. The salad looks fantastic and with so many wonderful flavors and the chicken is perfectly crispy! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vivian,

    Your pineapple salad looks wonderful. It looks very refreshing to eat especially in tropical warm weather and with fried food.

    Feel like being in Hawaii eating these... LOL!

    Happy CNY to you with lots of On Lai arriving at your home.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pineapple salad looks so refreshing.... I would like to have that! Sure the tangy taste goes well with the fried chicken fillet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pineapple salad looks delicious and refreshing! Wishing you a very Happy and prosperous new year, Vivian!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a refreshing salad - i have some cut pineapple pieces in the fridge, now i would be thinking of making this tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your love of salad with fried food makes sense to me. I think this refreshing salad paired with fried chicken sounds great. I also like the addition of smoked shrimp. This is a beautiful dish. Thank you for linking it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the smoked shrimps look like our dried shrimps. Like your pineapple salad, whets my appetite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This salad perfect! So delicious and mouthwatering. Thanks for sharing this pineapple salad with chicken fillet recipe with us. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...