A friend of mine, Angie Lee loves to cook and bake. I invite her to cook or bake something with oats to support me on Little Thumbs Up baking and cooking event. I’m happy to share her healthy blueberry oatmeal muffins recipe with my readers. Thanks Angie!
Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
150g all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoon baking powder
20g quick cooking oats
A pinch of salt
2 eggs (room temperature)
110g non-fat plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
60ml canola oil
125g fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Sift flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Stir in oats, sugar and salt.
3. Mix eggs, yogurt, vanilla extract and canola oil together in a separate bowl.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add in the blueberries.
5. Mix with a spatula till just combines. DO NOT overmix.
6. Spoon batter into muffin trays or muffins paper cups. Bake in oven for about 15-20 minutes (depending on oven).
7. Cool on wire rack.
I'm the host for November 2013 The Little Thumbs Up event with Oats theme. Cook or bake oats from whole oat groats, steel cut oats (Irish oatmeal), Scottish oatmeal, rolled oats (regular or quick rolled oats) and even oat flour. Do link up your recipes on this post and have fun!