Friday, November 29, 2013

Wholewheat Mixed Fruits Mantou/Straight Dough Method

Pin It Now!

This mantou is firm and with chewy texture (扎实馒头) which I love it. This is great to serve as breakfast and as snack too. I love to munch on this mantou whenever hunger strike me :D



Adapted from 阿芳的三杯面粉cookbook with minor modification
Wholewheat Mixed Fruits Mantou (yields 12 pieces)
Ingredients:
2 cups cake flour
1 cup wholewheat flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon double action baking powder (can replace with baking powder)
1¼ teaspoon instant yeast
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
220ml water

1 tablespoon grapeseed oil

~Mixed fruits
1 tablespoon each black and white sesame seeds
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
Few pieces of apricot, cut into small size
5 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats
½ cup golden raisin
*Mix together in a bowl

Methods: (hand kneading)
1. Mix flour, baking powder, yeast and sugar into mixing bowl. Pour in water (reserve some) and knead form into dough. Add in grapeseed oil and continue knead till form into a pliable dough. Cover and rest for 1 hour or double in size. 

2. Transfer the rested dough on working surface. Add in the mixture of mixed fruits and knead till combine.

3. To make mantou, roll out the dough into rectangle. Then roll the dough into swissroll shape. Cut into pieces and place on lined paper. To make round, divide the dough into required size and shape into round. Keep aside to rest for 40 minutes.

4. Start steaming from cold water with medium heat. Once the water boiled, steam further 12 minutes. Once the steaming time is over, turn off the heat. Leave the mantou inside the steamer for few minutes before open the lid.

Photobucket

This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen from My Little Favourite DIYhosted by Vivian of Vivian Pang’s Kitchen.


This will be my last entry for LTU. However you are welcome to submit yours till Saturday, November 30. Thanks to all your entries for LTU baking and cooking with oats. I'm having fun baking and cooking with you. Thanks again! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Viv, the mantou xi-fu

    I'm still new to my mantou and pau making.... I will have a lot to learn from you. With dried fruits, I can imagine these mantou must be the chewy sort. Nice!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...