Looking for something sweet for breakfast? Do consider this high fibre banana rolled oats bar. This bar is overwhelming with the flavour of banana. It is moist and crumbly similar to muffins texture. With the used of rolled oat it gives chewy bites along with the sweetness from raisins and chips. I substitute some portion of flour with whole wheat flour and wholemeal. I also added some ground flaxseeds to make it healthier.
Banana Rolled Oats Bar
80g brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
230g mashed banana
1 cup cake flour
1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
*Sift together and set aside
2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
2 cups rolled oats (old-fashioned)
¼ cup black raisins
¼ cup chocolate chips
3-4 tablespoons rolled oats for topping
1. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into big bowl. Add in the rest of dry ingredients (B). Mix well and set aside.
2. Beat butter and brown sugar till light. Add in vanilla extract, egg and mashed banana in sequence. Make sure mix well before each addition.
3. Pour dry mixture from step 1 into beaten butter in 2 batches. Fold to combine. Do not over mix.
4. Pour into lined pan (I used 8' square pan). Spread evenly around the edges and slightly press to get packed bar. Sprinkle the top with some rolled oats.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for about 25 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and leave it for few minutes. Lift up from pan and leave to cool completely on wire rack. Cut into bar and enjoy!
*Keep the leftover in fridge and snacking any time!
I'm the host for November 2013 The Little Thumbs Up event with Oats theme. Cook or bake oats from whole oat groats, steel cut oats (Irish oatmeal), Scottish oatmeal, rolled oats (regular or quick rolled oats) and even oat flour. Do link up your recipes on this post and have fun!
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen from My Little Favourite DIY, hosted by Vivian of Vivian Pang’s Kitchen.