Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Peanut, Chocolate Chiffon Cake

Pin It Now!


My younger son will not eat chiffon cake whenever I baked. Since he likes peanut and chocolate, why not peanut, chocolate chiffon cake ? This motivate me to bake another flavour of chiffon cake :D

 I use Walnut cake recipe from Laura Calder, French Food at Home as my reference. Here is the recipe.
Ingredients

 (A)
3 egg yolks
15g sugar
1/4 tsp salt

 (B)
80ml milk
¾ cup roasted peanut
½ tbsp sesame seeds
45g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

 (C)
40ml vegetable oil
20g cocoa powder

 (D)
3 egg whites
45g sugar

Methods 

Slightly heat up the oil, remove from heat and add in the cocoa powder. This will help on easy mixing for the next step. Keep aside.

  
    Roughly grind the peanut in blender. Keep aside.
 Pour egg yolks and sugar in a bowl set over the saucepan of low simmering water (double boiler method). Whisk till tripled in volume and become thick and pale.


     Remove the yolk mixture off the heat.

Add in milk, blended peanut and sesame, sifted flour and baking powder. Mix till smooth.






  

    Add in the cocoa mixture. Mix well.
In another bowl, whisk the egg whites till frothy. Add sugar gradually and beat till stiff. Fold in 1/3 of the whites into the yolk mixture till well incorporated. Pour in the remaining egg whites and fold gently till well combined.
  

  
    Pour into 20cm chiffon mould. Bake at 160C for 40-45 mins.





  

   
 Immediately invert it after removal from oven. Leave to cool. When cake is cold, remove from mould.




 
 
Notes:
  • This cake doesn’t rise as high as the normal chiffon cake. Maybe due to the content of ground peanut. However it still meet the criteria of chiffon cake, moist and soft. It even pass the Chiffon Cake Test .
  • The ground peanut give nutty bites into the chiffon. The cake definitely taste like peanut! My sons like it!
I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #1: Chiffon Cakes (Nov 2010) as my 2nd chiffon cake recipe.

3 comments:

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...