I baked this cinnamon rolls quite sometimes a go. This time I used gelatinization method. This method able produces softer and spongy bread which keeps longer. In order to enhance the flavour of the rolls, I added some dried fruits.
Adapted and modified from ReeseKitchen, Japanese cream bun
120g bread flour
85ml boiling water
380g bread flour
1 tbsp milk powder
½ tsp salt
100ml whipping cream
20g margarine/ butter
Some egg white for spreading
1 tsp cinnamon powder
20g castor sugar
150g raisin and dried cranberries
1-2 tbsp flavour liquer (can replace with fruit juice)
*soak dried fruits 30 minutes before use.
~Gelatinized DoughAdd boiling water into the bread flour, mix until forms dough. Leave to cool. Cover and keep in the fridge for at least 12 hours. Thaw at room temperature about 10-15 minutes before use.
1. Put all ingredients (A) inside a bowl. Follow by water, egg and cream. Using a pair of chopstick, stir till all flour coated with the liquid.
2. Tear the gelatinized dough into pieces and add into the dough.
3. Start kneading to form dough. Add in margarine and continue knead until the dough become smooth and elastic.
4. Once the dough is ready, form into a ball, cover and let it prove for 45 minutes or till doubles its size.
5. Transfer to working surface and divide into 2 portions. Shape into balls and rest for 10 minutes.
6. Roll ball into rectangle shape. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle cinnamon powder and sugar evenly on top. Spread the soaked fruits on the dough. Gently roll into swiss roll shape. Divide into rolls and place on greased pan. Leave to proof for 45 minutes. Repeat the same process for the other portion.
7. Brush with egg wash. Bake at 180C for 10-12 minutes. Serve.