I read this focaccia sandwich from Kitchen Corner. I like the idea of baking focaccia with topping! This seems another way of having savoury bread in pizza way. Do drop by her blog for the yummy topping recipe!
Adapted from 孟老师的 100 types bread cookbook
Ingredients: yield about 650g dough
300g bread flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp yeast
10g vegetable oil/ olive oil
(D) Filling and topping
Ham and cheddar cheese for filling
Some salt and pepper
2 tbsp mayo sauce
Some salt and pepper for seasoning
50g mixed vegetables (I used sweet corn, carrots, onion)
1 sausage (diced)
* Mixed and set aside
1. Put all ingredients (A) into a bowl and stir to mix. Add (B) and knead to form dough.
2. Add oil and continue kneading to form smooth and elastic dough. Cover and let it prove for 1 hour.
3. Transfer to working surface. Slightly knead to remove excess bubbles. Divide into two portions and shape into balls. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
4. Flatten the balls into rectangle shape. Layer the ham slice and cheese on one of the roll out dough. Place another roll out dough on top and seal the edge tightly. Brush the surface with some oil. Cut some holes with a pair of scissors. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top. Leave to prove for 20 minutes.
5. Bake at 190C for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven. Place the topping mixture on the half cooked bread. Return back to oven and bake further 10-12 minutes.
6. Remove from the pan and leave to cool on wired rack. Enjoy!
I am submitting this post for this month Aspiring Bakers #8 – Bread seduction (Jun 2011) hosted by Jasmine from The Sweetylicious.