I saw this recipe from Jane's and Bakericious blogs. They comment that this cake is cottony soft, moist and light as light cheese cake! Therefore I like to give it a try and I like it! I definitely will bake this cake again. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.
Adapted and slightly modified from Jane's corner
60g vegetable oil
80g cake flour
1 packet instant coconut powder (about 50g)
80ml pandan juice
½ tsp salt
* Slightly whisk to combine. Set aside.
1. Warm the vegetable oil. Pour in the sifted flour and stir to mix. Follow by coconut powder.
2. Add in 1/3 of the yolk mixture from (B) to the oil mixture and mix well. Pour in the remaining mixture and mix till well combine.
3. In another bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy. Add sugar gradually and beat till soft peak.
4. Fold in 1/3 of the egg whites to the yolk mixture in step (2) till well combine. Pour in the remaining egg whites and mix well.
5. Pour the batter into lined and greased 9" round pan, lightly bang the pan to reduce air bubbles.
6. Bake over water bath at 160C about 40 minutes.
7. Once cooked, invert the cake on wire rack. Cut the cake when completely cool.