Recently butter buns appear in a lot of fellow blogger posts. Those cute, sweet filling buns look really appetizing!
Without any hesitate I bake these yummy butter buns. Instead of white bread I used yam flavour bread. Yes, I bake these yam buns again! I just like the yam fragrant and the purple colour from the purple sweet potato. The buns taste even better with the sweet butter filling. My kids like these buns very much!
This will be my another post for this month Aspiring Bakers #8 – Bread seduction (Jun 2011) hosted by Jasmine from The Sweetylicious.
Recipe same as early post Yam Hot Cross Bun/ Straight Dough Method.Ingredients: yield about 35g x 19 pieces
100g mashed yam
50g mashed purple sweet potato
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
(B)330g bread flour
1 tsp yeast
(C )20g margarine/ butter
(D) Filling50g butter
* Mix all together and keep in fridge for later used.
1. Put yam, purple sweet potato, sugar and salt in a bowl. Cook all these ingredients over double-boiler till all the sugar melt. Set aside to cool.
2. Add in the egg and water. Stir to mix. Add (B) and knead to form dough.
3. Add margarine/butter and continue kneading to form smooth and elastic dough. Cover and let it prove for 1 hour 15 minutes.
4. Transfer to working surface. Slightly knead to remove air bubbles. Divide the dough into 35g each. Shape into balls and rest for 10 minutes.
5. Wrap each ball with the chilled butter filling and seal tight. Place inside a greased 9” round baking pan. Leave to prove for 45 minutes.
6. Apply egg wash. Bake at 180C for 15-18 minutes.