It is hard to get children eat oatmeal. However by adding inside the cookies they won't even know! This is a simple and yet delicious and healthy cookies. You can chilled the dough and bake whenever when you are free.
Inspired by Little cookies earn big$ recipe book
125g margarine/ butter
60g icing sugar
20g cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
* Sift and set aside
120g rolled oat (grind into powder)
1. Cream margarine and sugar till creamy. Add in the egg and cream lightly till smooth.
2. Add in sifted flour from (B) and ground rolled oatmeal. Mix till well combine.
3. Divide the dough into two portions. Wrap with cling film separately. Shape according to your preference (round or square, big or small).
* I have the difficulty to shape into round shape :D
4. Keep the shaped dough in fridge and chill until firm. (I chill about 3 hours)
5. Remove from fridge. Transfer to working surface. With a sharp knife, cut the dough into slices (about 2mm thick). Arrange slices on lined baking trays.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 10-12 minutes.
7. Transfer to cool on wire rack. Store in air tight container.