This recipe is modified from my early post Mini Milk Mantou. I added pumpkin into the recipe. I just like the golden yellow colour with some pumpkin fragrant. I steamed some with pork floss as my sons requested.
Adapted and modified from 阿芳的3杯面粉
Ingredients : yield 16 pieces
2 cups plain flour
1 cup low protein flour
1 tsp baking powder
1½ tsp yeast
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
150g pumpkin puree
Some pork floss for filling
1. Put flour, baking powder, yeast, salt, sugar and pumpkin puree in a mixing bowl. Pour in water and mix into a pliable dough. Cover and rest for 10 minutes.
2. Transfer ½ of the dough on working surface. Roll out into rectangle shape. Brush the dough surface with some water. Sprinkle pork floss evenly on top and gently pat onto the dough. Roll into swiss roll shape and put aside for 10 minutes. Just omit the filling if you prefer plain.
3. With a sharp knife cut the roll into 8 pieces and place on greased paper. Put the mantou into steamer and rest for 10-15 minutes.
4. Start steaming from cold water with medium heat. Once the water boiled, turn down to low-medium heat and steam further 8 minutes.
5. Once the steaming time is over, off the heat. Leave the mantou inside the steamer about 1 minute before open the lid.