|These buns are ready and packed in box|
As I mentioned before I bring chocolate banana, pumpkin cake and these pandan kaya buns as present during Parents/Teacher Conference in my previous post. I did mention I will share this kaya buns recipe in coming post. Here are the buns.
Actually this recipe is modified from Japanese cream bun which I saw in Frozen wings blog. Her soft and fluffy buns attracted me. Since I am baking for crowd this 500g bread flour recipe is the right choice. Instead of sweet cream buns I change into pandan kaya buns which I think is more suitable. The results came out great! I like the fragrant of coconut and the bright green colour of pandan. The topping provide extra sweetness and texture to these pandan kaya buns.
When I wrote this post then only realised I had used this recipe for Cinnamon Rolls with Dried Fruits. The sequence of steps is different with previous post. This time I add all wet ingredients first before dry. The result turns out great in either ways.
~Gelatinized Dough(烫种面团):120g bread flour
85ml boiling water
120ml pandan juice
100ml whipping cream
Above gelatinized dough
* Tear into pieces
(B)380g bread flour
1 packet coconut powder (about 50g)
½ tsp salt
(C)40g margarine/ butter
30g margarine/ butter
60g plain flour
Add boiling water into the bread flour, mix until forms dough. Leave to cool. Cover and keep in the fridge for at least 12 hours. Thaw at room temperature about 10-15 minutes before use.
|I shaped some into flower rings|
1. Put all ingredients (A) inside a bowl. Stir to mix. Follow by ingredients (B). Using a pair of chopstick, stir till all flour coated with the liquid. Then, knead to form dough.
2. Add in margarine and knead until the dough become smooth and elastic. Cover and leave to rest for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
3. Transfer to working surface. Divide the dough into 40g portions. Shape into balls and place on greased baking pan. Leave to prove for 45 minutes.
4. While waiting for the buns, prepare the topping. Mix margarine and sugar till combined, then add plain flour and mix to form a crumble. Set aside or keep refrigerate.
5. Apply some egg wash. Sprinkle the topping evenly on top. Bake at 180C for 15 minutes.